So, my friend Nancy over at the Zimmer Zoo has tagged me. And we all know, I love me some memes. Here we go:
“6 UN-spectacular things about me”
1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.
Here you have it, six un-spectacular things about yours truly:
- I am the finance person in my household. If I left it to M to pay the bills, we’d be out of house and home with the late fees. It’s just not his thing. I, on the other hand, am more likely to pay something the very day I get it. I used to track everything in Microsoft Money, so I knew exactly how much was charged on my credit card that month, etc. So imagine how pissed I was when M and I went to get our first apartment and his credit score was higher than mine! I almost lost it, and he teases me about it to this day.
- I believe there is only one true way to make a bratwurst: boil it in beer first, then get a nice little char on the grill. For those of you who aren’t from the midwest and haven’t done this yet, you’re welcome.
- I like to do laundry. Well, it’s less about liking to do it, and more that I don’t like it when other people do it. It was an exercise in letting go when I became too pregnant to go up and down the basement stairs with the basket.
- I was an un-spectacular softball player. I enjoyed it as a young kid, maybe because my mom played on a team for several years when I was little. I tried out for the team in high school and was on the freshman team (my high school was so big there were 3 teams: freshman, JV, and Varsity). I was the 2nd-string right-fielder. Though, by the end, I was starting center field. I actually got the “most improved” award, that’s how super cool I was. In subsequent years, rehearsals for the spring musical orchestra won out over softball.
- I don’t like baths. I have never found them especially relaxing, mostly kind of cramped and uncomfortable in the hard tub. And I really dislike them for the purposes of cleaning. Why would I want to sit in the dirt that I just cleaned off?
- I’m re-addicted to quilting. After finally finishing my brothers and my kids’, I’m starting two new ones. One is for my new niece (hopefully I’ll finish it by Christmas, even if I get distracted), and one is because I just couldn’t resist the fabric when I was at the quilt shop this morning. I had to leave before I bought even more…
Alright, there you have it. Un-spectacular. I hereby tag six more spectacular people, and dare them to find something boring!